Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Unity Team Tools & Services CI/CD
We are looking for a Senior Manager for Unity Teams Tools and Service to join a team focused on building and delivering the next-generation CI/CD solutions for using the Unity game engine. As a senior manager, you will guide a team to design, build, and deploy services related to the CI/CD automation pipeline. You will play a key role in designing technical solutions that focus on system performance and reliability at scale.
- Directly manage and mentor engineers and engineering leads providing feedback and guidance.
- Coordinate with Technical Project Managers to provide clear and effective communication to the team and broader organization regarding tasking and deliverables.
- Work with engineering leads and senior engineers to provide technical design and architecture for CI/CD technology and workflows specifically for Real-time 2D/3D applications, especially those incorporating the Unity game engine. Technology areas will include pipeline automation/orchestration, vm/container management, test management, and artifact management
- Establish engineering best practices that allow the team to achieve assigned projects and goals.
- Work closely with product managers to ensure our products provide a consistently great experience which meets our customers needs.
- Operate within a distributed team, collaborating with colleagues around the world
- Solid programming skills in your favorite language, even if it isn’t our own
- Significant technical experience leading engineers through all phases of development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full development life cycle (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, etc.)
- Experience mentoring engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Working knowledge of the Unity game engine
- DevOps Experience
- Game industry experience
- Experience working with various cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with our stack (Node.js, Golang, Postgres, C#, GCP, Kubernetes) is helpful, but not required - we are looking for great people that have a track record of solving problems in similar domains
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.