Senior Graphics Engineer, XR
Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned for enabling all current and future XR devices including Oculus, HoloLens, and Magic Leap, coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology. Our team is currently solving problems that most developers haven't even encountered yet. If being on the cutting edge of XR technology is exciting to you then we are looking for candidates like you!
What you’ll be doing
- You will be working with graphics tech used on XR hardware
- Contribute to writing fast and maintainable code
- Assist in moving forward XR technology and content creation for millions of developers using Unity all around the world.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience working on graphics tech on mobile or console platforms
- You will have worked as a 3D graphics engineer real-time applications
- Extensive experience with C/C++ and low-level modern graphics APIs (Vulkan/DX12/Metal)
- Solid understanding of graphics pipelines and rendering techniques
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders
- Strong 3D math understanding
- Cross platform development experience
You might also have
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Embedded or mobile systems experience (Android/iOS)
- Prior XR development experience and/or passion for VR
- Experience using a game authoring system (Unity/Unreal Engine)
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.