Senior Employee Relations Partner
As the Employee Relations (ER) Partner, you will work collaboratively with other HR team members to design, implement, and continuously improve a variety of ER programs supporting our vibrant and thriving company. You will work in close partnership with HR and Legal teams to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the ER function; as you learn you’ll be able to improve processes and help our organization scale
As an ideal candidate, you will chip in with both hands-on and strategic support of our people managers through performance management and workplace conflict issues to cultivate an innovative, impactful, and inclusive culture. You will be able to assess different types of risk, bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a thriving organization and have shown experience leading, growing, and scaling expert HR professionals.
What You'll be doing
- Partner with Unity’s Legal department to resolve conflicts and efficiently implement solutions on compliance and employee relations topics
- Coach, influence and provide guidance to people-managers regarding sensitive issues such as performance management, leaves of absence, medical accommodations and reductions in force
- Coach and influence HR Business Partners on interventions required for individuals, managers, and/or teams on preventing employee relations risks
- Maintain the highest level of integrity with a tried ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
- Facilitate trainings to build employee relations abilities among HR community and managers
- Recommend policy changes and enhancements based on investigation outcomes and trends
- Coach and influence all levels of employees and successfully delivers difficult messages
What we're looking for
- Ability to resolve conflicts insightfully and diffuse employee-related issues, concerns, situations
- Exercises sound judgment, while balancing acting with a sense of urgency and need for attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated perseverance, tact, and respect
- Eagerness to build Employee Relations COE and participate in foundational efforts
- Knowledge of U.S. employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues
You might also have
- A proven commitment to Inclusion
- Maintains composure in a fast-paced, fluid environment and successfully navigates ambiguity to build consensus and achieve resolutions
- Conveys empathy and cultivates strong relationships while managing sensitive situations
- JD or an MBA a plus
You will work in close partnership with HR and Legal teams to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.