Senior Editor Tools Engineer
As a Editor Tools Engineer on the Lighting team, you will help build great workflows for lighting in Unity, including artist-facing interactive tools, and engineer-facing APIs, that can unlock creativity on current and future platforms for millions of creators. You have worked on game engines and content production workflows in the past and you know the importance of writing fast maintainable code and love user-focused tooling. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them and empower millions of Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
- Design, implement and maintain tooling and workflows for lighting features for multiple Editor platforms
- Design powerful and extensible public APIs
- Work closely with a cross-discipline team and technical artists to provide highly productive lighting authoring workflows in Unity.
- Build and maintain production quality code for rendering, tools, and testing.
- Proficiency with C# and C++ programming.
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and tasks.
- Performance-minded development, code profiling and optimization skills.
- Experience within the gaming or similar technology field
- Experience developing tools for game content production pipelines for modern games
- Familiarity with real-time computer graphics and GPU pipelines
- Experience with data-driven design
- A good grounding in the principles of customer/user experience design
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.