Senior Developer Relations Manager, Cloud
As a Senior Developer Relations Manager, you will be working with the biggest names in the gaming industry to drive success with your customers from our cutting edge Cloud product suite. You will be part of a global team of DRMs and a dedicated list of gaming clientele will be yours to collaborate with and own the success of.
In this role you’ll be working closely with and influencing counterparts in sales, solution engineering, marketing, engineering, developer support and operations, making a huge impact to some of Unity’s biggest customers and the business as a whole. Strategic and creative thinking are qualities that come easily to you as you intimately uncover your user’s technical needs and address them instinctively. As a trusted advisor to your customers, you’ll be critical in building their success with Unity’s Cloud products and to support this, you’ll be creating well-formed, data-driven success plans for your customers to enable the longer term achievement of both the customer’s and Unity’s goals.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you’re a technical leader with your fingers on the pulse of the latest cutting edge Cloud, hosting, and gaming tech, we want to hear from you!
- You will be responsible for ownership of the technical relationship of some of the largest gaming customers that Unity has across a suite of cutting-edge Cloud products
- Monitor and drive customer “health” to drive customer success and ultimately ensuring customer’s outcomes are always achieved and managed
- A creative problem solver, you will need a troubleshooting mindset and strong collaboration skills to work with other technical teams in the business to ensure the user’s needs are met
- Planning and strategizing are in your DNA; planning for big events, such as game launches or content drops are a big part of ensuring your customer’s success, as well as coordinating “war rooms” where appropriate to ensure consistent proactive customer support
- You always think of users first, sharing and escalating key customer feedback to relevant stakeholders and leadership around the business to be the voice of your customers
- You will frequently manage a host of internal and customer-facing projects to ensure the continuous improvement of process, workflow and most importantly, the customer experience
- You will be constantly striving for improvement around the business by running key retrospectives on major events that impact your customers and ensuring that other departments and stakeholders address relevant issues that are key to our customer’s success
- Considerable experience managing large, strategic customers from a technical perspective with cloud/hosting/IaaS products
- Able to travel domestically and internationally multiple times per year
- Experienced using Linux and Windows server administration
- Video game obsessed - you know your latest Call of Duty from your Fall Guys!
- Experienced in technical project management with the ability to achieve complex outcomes from numerous simultaneous user needs
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- You’re not afraid to be bold and take unusual approaches to solve difficult technical problems
- Experience with MatchMaking products/solutions
- Experience with the Unity engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.