Senior Counsel, Commercial Transactions
Do you have a particular background in or curiosity with legal issues in Europe or the U.K? Unity is hiring a motivated counsel to join our legal team’s commercial group. This position will partner with and provide legal support for one or more of Unity’s business development teams, concentrating on Unity’s industrial and automotive relationships. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and leadership skills, and are comfortable working with people from all over the world. We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced and collaborative environment and is passionate about problem solving and effecting change. This Senior Counsel role is based out of Unity’s offices in Europe or the UK and will work closely with other team members across the globe.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with the Sales Team on behalf of the Legal Team.
- Review, negotiate, draft, and execute a variety of agreements including master services agreements, purchase agreements, license agreements, confidentiality agreements, data protection addendums, and other general business contracts.
- Build and help maintain contract templates for use by the sales organization.
- Assess and categorize unusual contract terms and appropriately refer internally.
- Collaborate internally to ensure compliance with legal and security requirements and remain up to date on such requirements.
- Craft scalable compliance processes for global teams for laws applicable to marketing activities.
What we’re looking for
- You are flexible, well organized, and able to work in fast-paced technology environment and on a global scale.
- Outstanding judgment and a comfortable, effective and persuasive demeanor in taking care of customers, partners, teammates, and senior management.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, foreign language, international business/legal and/or cross border transactional experience a plus!
- Experience with enterprise sales, SaaS contracting experience is a plus.
- A member in good standing with the applicable jurisdiction with a demonstrated ability with a law firm of good repute or in house in a role with related experience.
You might also have
- CIPP/US or CIPP/EU a plus or will acquire one of these certifications within one year of employment.
- Familiarity with German law is a plus!
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.