(Closed) Senior Backend Software Engineer, Direct Demand Valuation
You will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems at scale. Essentially, you will be doing what Google does on the web (only you will be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. We use Golang, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Kubernetes and many others selected to fit for purpose. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment, as our advertising network reaches millions of game players each day. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future and meet the customer requirements. The model of continuous deployment with multiple deployments to production per day enables us to move fast with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
- Design, implement and support high throughput service that handles real-time inference and A/B experiments
- Own the service code as well the infrastructure that operates it
- Work in close relationship with Data Science teams to build resource efficient models and allow fast experiments
- Analyse and perform various tests on machine learning models to spot possible quality and performance issues
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- Prior software development experience using Golang, as it is our primary language
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Understanding about how different data storage engines and messaging systems work and what are their limitations
- Quality-driven attitude and approach
- Experience in building Machine Learning solutions, the job is on the edge of the software engineering and Data Science
- Experience with Kubernetes and Tensorflow is a plus, we run our services on GKE
- Experience with Terraform and Google Cloud Platform is a plus, we build and own our infrastructure
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.