Senior Back-End Developer, Services Foundation
Our technology stack is built to create proven products that allow us to operate in a changing environment. Stability, quality, and robustness of services are our core values. We are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in developing solutions that enable Unity to scale towards the future and meet customer requirements. We do multiple deployments to production per day, so we can adapt quickly with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Services Foundation team. You will be working on providing tools for other teams here at Unity to succeed in their mission in building great services for our customers. As part of this effort, we are aligning our service products into a unified Dashboard, Editor and API experience. As a member of Services Foundation, you will shape how we build various systems such as API gateways, developer identity, access management, and many more.
We are developing a platform that provides a foundation for different services to be built in a standard way for our end users. We would like you to come to build this platform with us!
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop new services, and improve our services to create a platform for other feature teams
- Implement and rethink our API gateways, developer identity, access management and many other systems
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code, architecture, and data storage design
- Ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Evolve our Cloud infrastructure through code
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience in software development and different software testing practices
- Experience in driving things forward, taking initiatives, making decisions, and taking ownership of how things are solve
- Ability to communicate clearly your ideas, solutions and collaborate with teams in English
- Good understanding of service infrastructure like data storage, message queues, RESTful APIs, and how to do service-to-service communication in Cloud environments
You might also have
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Interest in working on React web app development (or similar) to build UIs for our features
- Experience building API gateways and/or access management systems
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.