Senior Audio Programmer
Are you interested in crafting world class, groundbreaking, interactive audio experiences on a large scale? If so, we are looking for a hardworking senior audio programmer to work in a highly qualified multi-functional team on a brand-new application Unity is developing. We are seeking a leader of their field who is passionate about live-events, sound, gaming, and community building. Someone who will help us deliver breathtaking audio content to market.
More specifically, in the next 4-12 months, you will be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of a creative direction and working first version alongside hard working colleagues at the top of their game!
Long term, you will work with the leadership team to define the vision of what the audio experience can become. This will include pushing the boundaries of what is possible using Unity and real-time 3D!
What you'll be doing
- Research and experimenting with groundbreaking technologies, pioneering new techniques to match the constantly evolving demands of ours clients and the industry
- Crafting, implementing, and debugging audio systems for game development
- Develop and improve audio integration while supporting the team in their day-to-day job functions.
- Collaborate to develop systems/tools to allow audio designs to realize ambitious artistic goals.
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and defining audio standard methodologies.
What we're looking for
- Proven engineering/programming background in C#
- Experience developing with Unity at a high level as well as intermediate skill with C# or another programming language.
- Experience developing audio systems
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as an audio or core engineer
You might also have
- Production experience with developing headset AR/VR applications
- Console and PC development or equivalent experience (PS4, Xbox One, steam etc.)
- Experience with DSP and audio signal analysis
- A passion for games and/or music
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.