Security Operations and Incident Response Analyst
Unity is seeking a Security Operations and Incident Response Analyst to join our Security Operations team where you will drive the incident response lifecycle, conduct forensic investigations, dive into threat hunting activities, build processes and procedures, and assist in building out core security functions.
Your main task will be to manage and respond to security incidents from across the company. This includes, but is not limited to, enterprise and production environments, on-prem infrastructure, and various cloud-based architectures.
This is a technical, hands-on role where you will help build and work with a variety of security tools and technologies. You will assist in development of the incident handling processes, standard operating procedures, playbooks, and runbooks, and automation when needed. Additionally, you will work with engineering to make improvements to detection and alerting mechanisms and conduct forensic investigations to determine incident details and provide supporting evidence.
You will have the opportunity to, not only impact, but shape the future of the Security Operations team and the SOC at Unity.
- Handle the entire lifecycle of security incidents; from detection to root cause analysis where you will act as the subject matter expert while working with various business units to drive the response lifecycle
- Utilize your knowledge and expertise against threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures to detect and mitigate against new and emerging threats
- Perform various threat hunting and forensic services where you will develop advanced detection techniques and perform the acquisition, analysis, and reporting on all operating systems and applications
- Create, maintain, and update incident response playbooks and procedures
- Assist with the development and implementation of various tools across the security stack
- Experience in a SOC, Security Analyst position, or equivalent
- Knowledge of the incident response lifecycle for on-prem and cloud environments
- Understanding of network security fundamentals; the TCP/IP stack, Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, and packet analysis
- Understanding of threat hunting and forensic techniques
- Basic understanding of the OWASP top 10 and web application security
- Experience with GCP and/or container technology; building infrastructure, development, or incident response
- Experience with the Elastic stack; building search queries and/or development
- Experience in a threat hunting, forensic, or malware analysis role
- Scripting skills with emphasis on Python or Go
- Experience using MITRE ATT&CK® to build detection capability and hunt the adversary, both on the network using tools like Zeek or full PCAP and on the endpoint using EDRs, Sysmon, or OSQuery
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Passion for expanding your knowledge and a desire to grow beyond your current skill set
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.