Release Management Intern
The Release Engineering Group is a team comprising of developers, Quality Assurance & Release Management. The overarching mission of this group is to ship reliable, performant & maintainable releases of the Unity product on time, by growing the culture of quality within the company. Simply put, the group is responsible for shipping Unity and for continually improving how that ultimate goal is accomplished.
During this internship you will work primarily within the Release Management team, based in hip, sunny Brighton. You will also have opportunities to collaborate with other teams within the Release Engineering Group, on cross-team projects and initiatives.
As a Release Management intern, you will work to support the team directly and you will learn how we manage the release process within Unity. You will also have opportunities to interact with Unity users via our Alpha and Beta forums and opportunities to develop tooling to improve our processes, which ultimately contribute to the team's success.
This is an 11 month paid placement starting in summer 2021.
- Actively monitoring boards and forums for user issues
- Supporting the tracking KPIs and Metrics related to releases
- Reviewing and critiquing release notes and documentation
- Building tools to improve the efficiency of tasks done within the teams
- Manual testing on different Unity versions and investigating issues to supply relevant information to development teams
- Currently studying towards a computer science or similar degree and looking for a placement year
- Good understanding of one or more object-oriented programming languages such as C++
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Confident in communication, both written and verbal
- An open mind and a willingness to question the status quo
- An interest in computer games or software for creative applications
- Experience using Unity
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.