Product Designer, UI Tools
The Unity Editor UI Group is dedicated to providing a quality user interface both for the Unity Editor and in the content produced by our users. Unity is seeking a product designer who can form a close working relationship with the UI Tools engineering team to create highly usable UI tooling for Unity’s authoring platforms. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both application and game interfaces, and for helping designers, artists, and engineers apply them in development.
We’d like you to join us as we work to define the user experience strategy for user interface tools. At Unity we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it. The UI Tools Team aims to make UI creation a universally usable and delightful experience. In this role, you will have a meaningful impact on the innovation of UI creation and maintenance in applications, games, and experiences. You will work directly with the engineering team hands on to define the user experience and implement functional solutions.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, and researchers to successfully create innovative solutions
- Create wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and frontend prototypes to iterate with the team on UI creation workflows
- Maintain styling for UI systems based in CSS and XML
- Collaborate with all UI-based product teams to ensure consistency across all Unity products
- Work with user research to conduct studies and ensure designs are user-focused and informed by market analysis, customer feedback, and user insights
- A portfolio which demonstrates exceptional work relevant to the above
- Experience in the design of user interfaces for desktop, mobile or in game experiences
- Experience working across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities
- Excellent collaboration skills and a strong ability for verbal and visual communication
- Familiarity with frontend development practices, including a solid knowledge of CSS
- Familiarity with accessibility standards (WCAG), inclusive design practices, and accessibility features
- Experience with real-time game engines
- Knowledge of 3D and/or complex media systems
- Experience working with complex design systems
- Understanding of additional coding languages such as XML, C#, C++, etc.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.