Product designer, Multiplayer Tools
We are looking for a highly skilled product designer to help drive the vision for how Unity developers make multiplayer experiences. This includes designing workflows that are aimed at improving everything from performance analysis to the multiplayer developer iteration process within Unity. You will be working closely with a talented group of designers and engineers trying to solve complex UX problems, applying your creative problem solving skills to drive to the best possible experience outcomes. You are an excellent collaborator and communicator who works effectively across locations and disciplines, strives for alignment, thrives in taking on complex problems, and leads by doing.
Working with our team of product designers, PMs, and engineering, you will help us think visually and design artifacts that delight and engage our users. You are a both starter and a finisher – someone who can inspire with concepts and then shepherd the design to ship.
- Drive product vision from a user-centered perspective for multiplayer game creation, development, and Unity Editor tools for network performance analysis
- Improve the customer experience for building and debugging client / server and peer-to-peer game architectures.
- Work with fellow designers, researchers, program managers, and engineers to enhance the overall user experience and maximize business impact
- Create and present concept models, scenarios, flows, wireframes, information architecture diagrams and other artifacts to define and improve the user experience
- Collaborate with design leaders and peers around the world to drive a holistic and aligned vision for working in a team environment in Unity
- Identify, distill, and curate common UX patterns and work with peers and stakeholders to cross-pollinate and drive the patterns into products
- Create user-focused designs informed by market analysis, customer feedback, and user research insights
- Experience in UX design for technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing large-scale, complex applications and demonstrated ability for in-depth and thoughtful design processes
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellence in UX architecture, interaction and workflows
- Practical knowledge and experience with 3D content creation tools and the 3D domain
- Cross-team and cross-discipline communication skills, plus understanding of related business and technology processes
- Expertise with Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Abstract, and related tools as well as experience with prototyping
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer-Interaction, or equivalent experience
- Experience using Unity
- Experience with designing data visualization for complex systems
- Proven track record of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment
- Experience coding, especially C#
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.