Lead Multiplayer Developer, Netcode
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has thrived.
At Unity our customers create all kinds of experiences not only across game genres, but beyond games as well. Our netcode solutions need the versatility to meet the outstanding demands of these applications, enabling new and larger experiences to be made. We are looking for a Lead Multiplayer Developer to manage a team passionate about our new, open source, netcode SDK. Help us build a performant & flexible networking stack, and a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games!
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver the first production release of the new netcode SDK
- Help define the feature roadmap for the networking library and development tools
- Facilitate cross-team collaborations with teams working on editor and runtime functionality
- Management of team culture, mentoring individual growth, and planning & delivery of work
What we’re looking for
- Experience with game networking concepts
- Experience leading a small to medium sized team
- Familiarity with modern game engines and core game systems such as scripting and physics
- Tight-knit teamwork and communication skills
- Experience as a multiplayer or networking engineer in a shipped a game
- Able to lead a remote & distributed team
You might also have
- Experience with high performance programming, multi-threading, and memory management
- C# expertise
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Contributions to a Unity networking solution
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.