Junior Site Reliability Engineer, Student Worker
Unity is seeking a junior Site Reliability Engineer (student worker) to join our Production and Reliability Engineering team. The Site Reliability Engineers work with engineering teams globally throughout Unity to assist them on any incidents or problems they face with their services. We will work with service owners to resolve the issue and are investigating and deep diving issues to work out the root cause. Our vital team is here to ensure that Unity services receive the highest level of support to run smoothly.
During times of no incidents we are working to build tools and improve processes to help the team be as effective as possible. We are also managing regular internal support requests.
- Being part of the first line of defence for Unity services by participating in triaging and remediation with Service Owners and Site Reliability Engineers
- Working alongside with Site Reliability Engineering teams and developers to ensure the tools and documentation to work with services is up to date and usable
- You should currently be studying in a relevant subject such as computer science or other IT related degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time independently and efficiently
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, Linux systems, Docker and Kubernetes
- Willingness and flexibility to work changing shift patterns including weekends and public holidays
- Curious mindset towards problem solving
- Knowledge of any cloud provider, such as AWS, GCP, Azure
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.