Graphic Engineer Intern
We are looking for a motivated student with a passion for Graphics programming to join our HDRP team in Paris.
You will be working on the Unity's High Definition render pipeline, where we push the limits of graphics fidelity for games and a wide range of other graphics applications. You will gain practical experience on modern graphics algorithms and practices, and on how to develop features to delight our users. You will have the opportunity to actively learn about a great variety of real-time rendering topics, from direct lighting and global illumination, to physically based shading and post-processing.
We want you to be an integral part of our team and contribute to the success of HDRP by developing new features or improving our existing ones.
The duration of this internship is between 4 and 6 months depending on your studies.
What you'll be doing
- Implement new graphical features or build upon existing ones to improve them
- Closely work with artists to deliver a flawless workflow
- Work on surrounding aspects of feature development such as documentation and user interfaces
- Learn how to be performance-minded by profiling, analyzing and optimizing both existing and new rendering code
What we're looking for
- Currently studying in a relevant subject such as Computer Science or Games
- Experience in programming with C# and/or C++ and experience with graphics API (e.g. DX11/12, Vulkan or Metal)
- Good understanding of Mathematics
- Experience in and strong passion for real time rendering with personal projects in the field
- Desire to learn!
You might also have
- Experience working with shaders (GLSL and/or HLSL)
- Familiarity with modern rendering pipelines
- Knowledgeable on profiling and improving rendering performance
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.