Computer Vision & Deep Learning Research Scientist
We are looking for an outstanding researcher to join Unity's RestAR team. RestAR is an applied research and development team passionate about enabling state of art computer vision, deep learning and computational geometry algorithms for creation of photorealistic virtual assets from multi-view stereo and other inputs, and researching novel ways to improve upon the state of the art to improve speed, robustness and function.
We are passionate about 3D scanning technology and we want to change the way it is being done on a global scale, join us on this journey!
- Support the existing suite of algorithms, and work with the engineering team towards their improvement and optimization
- Deep dive into existing research and be able to supervise it all the way to implementation
- Conduct new research and experimentation
- Although there is a fair amount of theoretical and research work involved - there is a significant hands-on component that is expected
- Pursuing or has a Ph.D. in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Electrical Engineering
- Strong foundation in multi-view camera geometry, deep learning, modern computer vision, statistical methods and optimization theory and practice
- Experience with DL frameworks such as pytorch, tensorflow, JAX
- Excellent computer graphics knowledge
- Published research in Deep Learning / Computer Graphics major conference or journal
- Familiarity with the theory and practice of neural rendering algorithms
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.