Communications Manager, Operate Solutions
Unity is seeking a Communications Manager, Operate Solutions, to support and deliver results-driven public relations programs crucial to the company’s communications goals with our products, services, and insights for customers that enable them to operate, reduce cost, and maximize return by creating tailored experiences for their end-users.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting PR plans that increase media, influencer, and analyst awareness across a variety of B2B-orientated offerings including advertising, AI/ML, analytics, cloud infrastructure, monetization, and multiplayer services as well as support vertical themes in security, privacy and more. You believe in our products, are genuinely interested in its technology, and will work every day to champion Unity to press, influencers and analysts.
You will report to the Head of PR, Operate Solutions, and partner closely with Product Marketing, Partner stakeholders, Business Development, and Executive teams to deliver innovative and high-impact solutions for Unity’s Operate sector.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a critical thinker with a strong presence, have the ability to partner cross-functionally, and can gain the trust of senior leaders. To be successful, you should be proactive, resourceful, accustomed to multi-tasking, and have a strong sense of urgency and deadline.
- Support Operate Solutions PR team with critical efforts to elevate understanding of business across the following areas: monetization/advertising, cloud and gaming services, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Work with internal marketing and product teams to help create and execute campaigns, including but not limited to message creation, event and thought-leadership pitching, media and analyst tour execution, content creation and brainstorming, white-glove media events, creation of necessary support materials
- Work with an external agency to help achieve AAA results in top-tier news outlets, including local and national newspapers, magazines, television stations, and online publications
- Liaise with Events Team on Unity events to ensure Operate Solutions messaging is consistent across all narratives
- Direct PR efforts across multiple company initiatives, and effectively manage plans to ensure manager needs, deadlines and directives are being met
- Write, edit and proofread materials, ensuring quality, consistency and company narratives are woven throughout each piece
- Interface with product marketing teams on upcoming campaigns to deliver communications plans that can influence larger go-to-market plans
- Experience in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field is required
- Technical background with an understanding of real-time engines and B2B technology platforms preferred
- Great writing skills, strong grasp of AP style, and an analytical mindset
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture and history of securing stories in top-tier publications
- Strong initiative with the ability to identify new and/or strategic opportunities while being a self-motivated, self-starter, and love to roll up the sleeves person once strategies are set to produce results
- A mix of in-house and agency experience
- Experience in monetization, programmatic advertising, retail tech, cloud infrastructure, data analytics
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.