Cloud Infrastructure Operations Manager
Develop the tools for creators to build incredible things
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join our Developer Services infrastructure team to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We’re growing our efforts to increase developer efficiency so that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter, and we're hoping we find outstanding people who want to join us on this mission.
You'll be responsible for a growing team of application and infrastructure engineers driving the impact and growth of our Cloud technology stack and operations. You are comfortable thinking about risk, making contingency plans and predicting problems. This job is as much about the day to day as it is about preparing for the future.
Our product creation quite literally depends on our internal infrastructure, meaning this role comes with a lot of responsibility and a high degree of criticality.
What you’ll be doing
- Mentor, grow and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently, leading to their professional and personal success.
- Establish and evolve the roadmap for a reliable, scalable and fast growing Cloud infrastructure
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around reliability between key partners and Infrastructure engineering teams
- Partner with other Engineering Managers across Unity to achieve reliability outcomes for services as well as collaborative scale
- Drive design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, ensuring that we're building the right systems at the right quality.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in either Cloud Ops, reliability, or SaaS engineering management roles
- Proven experience working with systems at scale with high-availability and high throughput
- Excellent experience bringing a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that inspires change, and motivates people to develop simple solutions to sophisticated operational or reliability challenges
- Experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, with additional experience collaborating optimally across teams
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for high impact results
You might also have
- Hands-on experience with public Cloud computing services
- Working with distributed teams across time zones
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.