(Closed) Cinematic Software Developer, Intern
Unity's Montreal studio is hiring a Software Developer Intern to focus on cutting-edge technologies which will power film, broadcast and esports production. The Unity Editor allows artists, designers and programmers to create real-time 3D experiences and has been recognized as one of the easiest to use tools in the industry. Cinemachine is a powerful suite of Unity tools for procedural in-game cameras, cinematics, and cut-scenes. Cinecast is a dynamic camera system that enables the creation of movie-like cinematic sequences from variable gameplay, in real-time. It powers in-game replays, enables footage for trailers (think marketing camera), is a streaming casting tool, and makes esports more accessible to the audience. Together, these tools provide a powerful system for telling engaging stories across all types of media on all types of platforms.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Work with peers to design, develop, and test in accordance with established standards
- Maintain existing systems, improving performance, testability, and stability
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Help users solve problems via online forums and (occasionally) in-person meetings
- As a junior developer on this team, you will build and maintain features of the current and next generations of Cinemachine and Cinecast
- Proficiency in C#, C++, or C
- Understanding of performance characteristics (CPU vs. GPU, GC, impact of cache misses) related to real-time environments
- Strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills
- Currently enrolled in a related field at a Canadian University
- Expected graduation date for 2020 or 2021
- Proficiency in English
- Experience with Unity or another real-time game engine
- Experience with the rules/paradigms of cameras, cinematography, lighting, or non-linear editing software
What to expect from your internship here?
Duration: During 16 weeks, you will develop your skills by contributing to stimulating projects that will have an actual impact on Unity products.
Mentoring: You'll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills throughout your internship.
Work culture: Unity Montreal has a relaxed work culture. You'll have the opportunity to work in a fun and stimulating environment, both in the studio and outside. Midday discussions with inspirational people at Unity and social events are organized to enrich your internship experience.
Advantages: In addition to a competitive remuneration, you'll have a daily access to breakfast, lunch and dinner, free of charge! Also, our office is in the Nordelec, an iconic industrial building located steps away from the Lachine Canal and conveniently located near Charlevoix metro station.
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Internship dates: May-September 2020