Business Operations Information Architect, R&D
Unity Technologies, creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, is seeking an analytical, communicative, highly motivated, and intellectually curious Information Architect to join our growing Business Operations team in R&D. This critical role will support our efforts to enable data-driven decision making at scale, proactively making information across internal platforms easily and intuitively discoverable, and supporting strategic initiatives that maximize success.
As the Information Architect you will be responsible for designing and implementing an information architecture for Unity’s R&D department, leading communications strategies, and helping to ensure employees are receiving and understanding essential information to do their jobs. In this role, you will design and implement an internal information strategy grounded by an understanding of our different user profiles and needs, owning the design, growth, and maintenance of R&D’s internal information structure across a variety of platforms and content programs.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a critical thinker, an empathetic listener, and an inclusive leader with a strong presence and ability to motivate cross-functional partners and influence senior leaders. To be successful in this role, you should be organized, proactive, resourceful, accustomed to multi-tasking, and have a strong sense of urgency. You will also live and bring to life Unity’s Company Values: Users First, Best Ideas Win, In It Together, and Go Bold.
- Identify user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling
- Partner with global R&D to design and implement a comprehensive internal knowledge strategy and information architecture plan based on identified stakeholder requirements
- Implement information architecture including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with IT to integrate concepts, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes
- Create and maintain map of discoverability across platforms
- Design, implement, and grow the R&D onboarding information architecture and lead expansion of the architecture in alignment with organizational growth
- Keep an ear to the ground, collaborating with and staying informed by internal teams to ensure knowledge of, and required action (if any) on new initiatives and knowledge
- Ensure documentation across R&D is current, accurate, and complete by developing and owning a programmatic review and update processes by appropriate subject matter experts
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture juggling multiple stakeholder requirements
- Experience designing, implementing, and growing information architecture at scale
- Program or change management experience implementing new initiatives
- An analytical mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a bias toward action
- Experience designing engineering/technical on-boarding programs
- Experience developing educational curriculum and knowledge of learning methodologies
- Library Sciences education or experience
- Knowledge of Unity Engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.