Backend Developer, Monetization Live Ops Services
Unity powers over half of all the world’s games and over two-thirds of the world’s VR and AR products. We put the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists through our foundational principle of Democratization of Development. We are hard at work integrating progressive monetization systems deep into the core of Unity’s engine. Combining data from over a billion players with sophisticated deep learning technology and in-house proprietary analytics. The goal: to make our customers more successful and their consumers happier.
Unity is looking for a Software Engineer, Monetization Liveops services who will join a team focusing on building the next generation of Unity’s monetization suite. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping take developer's creations further and faster than ever before.
Unity Monetization enables developers to build a business through advertising, in-app purchases, and analytics. You’ll be joining a team of very hardworking engineers who are building powerful tools that empower game developers to launch, balance, and monetize their games. We seek to help condense the wealth of data Unity games build into meaningful data visualizations on the dashboard, letting game creators succeed at building their best products.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop and maintain our service APIs
- Work on a complicated microservice architecture to develop new features
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
- Design, implement, test, and maintain Unity’s services that are capable of handling real-time and batch processing of thousands of requests and daily events
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Interact with high amount of data and debug complicated customer issues
What we’re looking for
- Proven hands on experience in software development using at least one compiled and statically typed language (Java, Golang, C++ or similar)
- Working experience with databases like Mongo, MySQL, BigQ or similar
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas, solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Understanding how different data storage engines and messaging systems work and what are their limitations (kafka, pubsub etc)
- Attitude to solve problems with a qualitative approach with mentality towards engineering perfection!!!
You might also have
- Experience in AdTech or Gaming is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Unity Editor
- Education on machine learning, math, physics, computer science, or equivalent
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.