3D Artist - Student Worker
Do you want to empower content creators all over the world using photogrammetry? As 3D Artist Intern you will be able to do just that as part of our content library team at Unity. We are an international team based in Dublin and Copenhagen working at the forefront of Photogrammetry to create our content library.You will learn under the direction of Senior 3D Scan Artists, travelling to capture scan data using our powerful proprietary equipment in order to create assets for our content library that can be used by creators and give them the power to create their best work. You will learn how to acquire data of the highest quality around the world, and how to push capture techniques to deliver ideal data sets. We also take the assests through the production pipeline to ensure they are of the best quality for are users using 3D art techniques.
This is a part time student worker role for 15 - 20 hour per week.
What you’ll be doing
- Learn how to use our custom scanning solutions to gain high quality field data and process this for our pipeline
- Process assets using our art pipeline with direction and supervision from Senior Artists to deliver world class final content for the library using techniques
- You will have the opportunity to polish and vet the work of external contractors, provide, document and communicate feedback
- Develop skills to be handle challenges as they arise and to prioritise tasks thoughtfully to optimise production
What we’re looking for
- Current student pursuing a degree in a relevant area such as games or 3D modelling
- 3D art skills such as - modeling, sculpting, UVing, texturing, and material creation with attention to detail
- Experience with content creation software such as Substance Designer, Painter, ZBrush, Maya or Blender
- Ability to travel regularly, physically active and fit
- A great teammate -- able to work alongside a large team, receive mentorship/training and regular feedback on work
You might also have
- Previous experience with photography/cinematography
- Portfolio demonstrating photorealistic material and prop creation
- Photogrammetry experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.