Community and Content Manager
United Esports is a veteran media and marketing firm in Los Angeles, specializing in the creation of content, marketing, and events in esports. We are looking to onboard a Community and Content Manager to join our creative team.
This role focuses on the creation and management of public facing content output, and the growth of endemic communities for our esports-fans focused projects. Overall the responsibilities take three forms: Community Building, Media Outreach, and Event Management.
As part of this role, the Community and Content Manager will develop communication materials for internal and external channels, partner with creative teams to create and manage content, manage relationships with media outlets and influencers, and develop messaging aligned with the United Esports brand voice.
We are a team of passionate gamers and esports fans, and this role will be our primary interface with the greater gaming communities. Therefore, a storied passion for gaming and esports is an absolute must. Please include in your cover letter a list of the games you currently play, favorite games of all time, four sentences describing your opinion of Fortnite’s role in esports, as well as links to your relevant professional or personal social media pages. (Applicants not including this information will not be considered.)
- Community lead for United Esports and Archmage Esports, driving the direct-to-fans communication strategy.
- Grow the community and maintain a positive two-way dialogue.
- Build close relationships between United Esports, brand ambassadors and players.
- Plan, schedule, and help run community events and activities.
- Ensure all United Esports’ standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
- Regularly create and deliver community reports on channel metrics and feedback.
- Maintain a positive community reputation.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Passion for video games, nerd culture and esports.
- Able to take direction well, and comfortable make game-time decisions that reflect the company’s values.
- Certified College Degree
- Comfortable shooting stills and videos and creating engaging social content with minimal oversight.
- Two years’ experience working in online communities and social media, or equivalent.
- Exceptional writing and grammar proficiency.
- Extreme familiarity with Twitter, Instagram, Discord and their significance to gaming communities.
- Proven social media content-creation abilities, (having built a 10K+ follower account a plus.)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively, to wide audiences.
- Conscientious and highly motivated team player.
- Adaptable and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Motivated to learn new things about players and driven to improve their experience.
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.