(Closed) Director, Partnerships - E-Sports
UEG is currently looking for an eSports Partnership Director to be instrumental in the development and execution of our uniquely UEG eSports strategy. The role centers around engagement with and nurturing of relationships with top eSports/Gaming partners (e.g. leagues, teams, players (working with our Talent+Influencer team, etc.) to co-design and execute largescale eSports programs, in collaboration with our brand clients. The position is part of a growing group of committed professionals who develop ideas and content to drive the advocacy and adoption of eSports & gaming for some of the top brands in the world.
This individual will join UEG’s growing Entertainment team, focused on eSports & gaming, but will have visibility and access to all areas of the agency. This position will be a hybrid ideation, development, strategy, executional, and project management role, focused on the entire business process for our clients.
- Assist in driving projects from inception through launch and identifying ways to grow the business both strategically and creatively through integration of brands within various aspects of the eSports industry.
- Maintain a high-level of games industry expertise, from evaluating the trends of top new games and eSports content producers, to fully understanding how a content program is developed
- A native grasp of eSports culture and slang
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with eSports teams and communities
- Understand top trends and business drivers in gaming and eSports, including key players, business models and marketing approaches
- Work with the VP and EVP in our Entertainment group to negotiate terms, timeline, and pricing in a confident manner with an optimistic tone to reach agreement with Client and Partner
- Knowledge of the eSports and gaming industry and/or have existing professional relationships with tournament operators, game publishers and developers
- Work with VP/EVP in this group to support new business efforts and existing project management
- Drive and Lead execution on projects, ensuring seamless execution on deliverables
- Serve as liaison between UEG, eSports partners and our clients, ensuring excellent customer service and client satisfaction.
- Represent the client’s voice throughout the execution of projects at all levels of the business
- Responsible for managing client relationships, developing account plans and delivering proposals.
- Manage client's overall expectations and provide continuously holistic context to the progress made
- Gather key information in project briefings to onboard and continuously update the wider project team and show excellent organization and management skills to create a sense of calm and confidence across the team
- Identify growth opportunities and initiate long-term planning with internal teams to bring these to fruition
- Fully understand strategic partner needs and objectives, effectively communicate them internally, and formulate strategies to help produce shared results
- Keep a close eye on Client's competitors and industry trends/opportunities and create awareness to the wider team
- Actively participate in agency brainstorm sessions, on topics and clients, throughout the organization.
- Should have at least 7 years of relevant experience within gaming, eSports, and/or at an agency with directly relevant experience and knowledge in this space.
- Must have the ability and passion to sell.
- Must be a creative marketer and problem solver.
- Highest level of client services experience with the ability to act quickly and thoughtfully.
- Must have excellent written and verbally communications skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization, crisply and succinctly.
- Motivated by an extremely collaborative and fast-moving environment.
- Should bring a love of solving strategic business challenges with creative solutions, in collaboration with our clients.
- Should be a passionate self-starter who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Possess strong knowledge and passion of the eSports industry, and future trends/opportunities shaping it.
- Should have a knowledge of working promotional/integration models present in this space.
- Should have good working relationships either with brands, eSports/Gaming partners, production companies and/or leagues
- Should be a big and creative thinker.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required This position will require some travel.