Senior Gameplay Engineer
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 60+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
Please note, Unbroken Studios is working remotely until at least June 2021, at which time this role will be onsite at our offices in El Segundo, CA.
- Design, author, maintain, and refactor game systems that are robust, efficient, extensible, and scalable while meeting all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of game systems by identifying, communicating, resolving defects and brainstorming solutions that further the game’s artistic and design vision.
- Work closely with artists, designers and other engineers working on gameplay systems and supporting tools.
- Work with studio leadership to define engineering production plans that achieve high quality results using available resources on a deadline
- Architect and develop critical game systems in Unreal Engine 4 using C++
- Debug complex engineering problems involving networking, multithreading, streaming, and low-level code
- Optimize key algorithms to achieve performance goals across multiple hardware platforms
- 4+ years professional software engineering experience
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Comfortable working closely with designers on the implementation of gameplay systems
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent problem-solving, performance analysis and debugging skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience programming AI systems
- Experience in gameplay programming for a AAA videogame title
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.