Mid-Senior VFX Artist
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 80+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
We are open to fully remote candidates.
- Execute outstanding visual effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life
- Collaborating with the art director and concept artists to set the visual style and quality bar
- Create all art needed for the visual effects
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game VFX work
- 3-6+ years experience authoring game VFX (title based on experience)
- Ability to bring dramatic effects to life with flair
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual VFX
- Ability to create all art and technical setup needed for the visual effects
- Abilities in secondary areas such as modeling, textures, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and editing tools further
- Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations (preferably mobile)
- Scripting experience
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 art pipeline is preferred
- Experience with stylized art is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for cutting-edge game development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of developers in a tight-knit team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.