Human Resources Manager
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 60+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
Please note, this role will be remote until at least June 2021, however the role will eventually be onsite at our offices in El Segundo, Los Angeles California.
Unbroken Studios is looking for an experienced HR Manager to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes. In this role, you will partner with Recruitment, Operations, and Admin to provide HR support and guidance to ensure Unbroken Studios remains organized, compliant, and highly operative.
- Support current and future business needs through the engagement, growth, and development of employees
- Coach managers through delicate personnel issues, disciplinary scenarios, career growth, performance management, and compensation
- Advise management and provide support in compliance and employment law matters
- Manage payroll, employee benefits, performance reviews, onboarding, and exit processes
- Communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures and initiatives through written and visual resources
- Partner with leadership to develop and implement HR initiatives and strategies company wide (Recruitment, performance management, management training, compensation, benefits, employee development, communication, etc)
- Critically analyze and continuously improve HR processes and compliance
- Collaborate with stakeholders in various departments to ensure studio compliance and communication
- Create an employee development plan to grow new and existing employees to fulfill business needs
- Facilitate employee visa processes as needed
- Lead company culture initiatives
- 3-6 years experience in Human Resources roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational studies, or Business Management
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, active listening, discretion, and ability to build business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic mindset and high capacity for collaboration
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, good judgement, and project management skills
- Experience with HRIS and payroll software tools
- Experience with employee visa process
- Additional training, certification, or education in Human Resources
- Experience with gaming or entertainment organizations
- Experience with California/Los Angeles employment law jurisdiction
- Experience with growing a small-medium organization to 100 and beyond
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.