We are looking for a marketing director that will define, implement and own our marketing strategy to reach out to parents worldwide about our upcoming subscription-based educational app. As such, you will be in charge of finding, testing and iterating marketing campaigns on various channels, including major ad platforms like Facebook and Google. The position is full-time, but we can consider part-time candidates.
What you’ll be working on
- Communicate with team members from other disciplines to schedule resources you need to execute your marketing campaigns. This includes giving direction for the production of a wide range of ad creatives in various forms;
- Compile and keep track of all marketing strategies and campaigns to replicate them based on their rate of success, as determined by a statistical analysis;
- Meet with and negotiate visibility opportunities with various partners such as influencers, ads networks and product owners;
- To a lesser extent:
- manage our newsletter and social media presence;
- Interact with parents and customers directly.
- Degree in marketing, economics, business or statistics;
- At least 1 year of experience in video game marketing or mobile app with subscription services;
- Knowledge of popular Ads platforms, like Facebook Ads and Google Ads for User Acquisition purposes;
- A desire to solve various problems requiring you to learn whatever is needed, as you’ll be part of a startup environment;
- Must be allowed to work/based in Canada, working to EST time zone;
- Ability to interact in both French and English.
Nice to have
- Previous startup experience;
- Based in Montreal, although remote to start.
If you do not tick all of the boxes above, we still encourage you to apply. These are preferred guidelines but we are more interested in candidates with the right passion and attitude towards educational games and marketing, then those without.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for this role without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, parental status or disability status. We particularly encourage applications from women, gender minorities and people of color as these groups are underrepresented in our industry.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to the email at the apply button below.
What we do
Playing is learning. We create games that transform kids’ understanding of complex subjects through gameplay. Most importantly, truly understanding a subject positively changes their feelings about it. We have shipped award winning games like Slice Fractions (Apple Best of 2014) and its sequel (App of the Day). We’re a small team in the creative city of Montreal, Canada.
- Make a difference in the world: your job has a measurable beneficial impact on hundreds of thousands of kids worldwide;
- Wear lots of hats in a small indie development team;
- For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, we expect our team to mostly work from home. When it is safe to do so, we will return to the Gameplay Space, a coworking environment downtown Montreal with 20+ indie game companies that hosts lots of game related events;
- Benefit from flexible working hours.
How we do it
We have been able to get visibility worldwide because we apply strong game design principles in the field of kids educational apps, where real games are rare. Our current project is an ambitious service which tackles several complex subjects in primary school mathematics.