Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month. In 2020, Uken released Ava’s Manor, a solitaire game where users renovate and decorate the manor while discovering mysterious clues and dabbling in a romantic love story. Uken’s foray into narrative games is an exciting opportunity for the company.
We consider our Ukenites to be data-driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and engages them for years. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data-driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
Uken Games is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help grow the studio’s casual titles. You will join a team of highly creative designers, artists, and developers to help shape and execute the vision behind this game. Your work will have a direct impact on the millions of fans we expect this game to have at launch.
As a Ukenite you’ll be working on meaningful things like:
- Designing big (and small) game features aimed at improving game KPIs (retention, engagement, monetization) and delivering delightful experiences to our players
- Leveraging user data and feedback to validate and prioritize design ideas through the entire lifecycle of a feature (i.e. design, execution, as a live feature, and further iteration)
- Collaborating with developers, artists, other partners on executing game ideas including design, content creation, and data integration as well as great product design
- Championing the game’s vision and strategy; designing project plans based on objectives
- Managing a game’s end to end lifecycle and design challenges across multiple features and monitoring this progression through the completion of milestones
- Creating systems and mechanics catered to a game-specific target demographic
- Creating game design documents that clearly communicate ideas, concepts, and requirements across multiple disciplines
- Creating balancing calculators, stats sheets, and game economies which will be used to calibrate and drive the game
Your background should include:
- Experience as a product manager on a live product, preferably a free to play mobile game
- Experience creating product specifications, design documents, and white papers
- Strong Data Analytics ( SQL/Dashboard creation/management) and database queries
- A confident approach capable of championing features
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, and time management skills
- A passion for games, up to date on tech and trends in the games industry
- BA/BS degree with a data science or math focus or equivalent experience
What's in it for you?
- You’ll be equipped with a high-end PC or laptop
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast, and a snack filled kitchen (in-office)
- Uken social nights including mixers, game night, and more - we take entertainment seriously!
- Office-based or home-based work options
- Convenient location in the heart of downtown Toronto at Front & John St.
At Uken, we believe there is power in diversity and strive for a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment. Our ongoing innovative journey relies on each Ukenite to be different. All qualified applicants will be assessed equally regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual attraction, gender identity, or expression, and would not face discrimination based on disability.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]