At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As a VMware architect joining our hosting team, you’ll bring to the table a deep set of skills to help evolve our VMware hosting stack to provide improved features and performance in our data centres across the globe. You’ll act as a driver of innovation within the organization, develop a technical vision and design components that adhere to that vision.
The architecture team’s guiding principle is to innovate and create a high-performance computing environment for internal hosting at Ubisoft. You would get to apply your knowledge in an agile team environment.
- Do R&D work to introduce new features, increase scaleability, resilience and improve performance of the platform; Some examples include using cutting-edge technologies like NVMeOF or smartNICs for hardware offload of overlay networking;
- Act as a mentor & guide to other team members, foster creativity, mutual respect, positive energy and open communication;
- Help define SLOs and SLIs following Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles to further enhance the reliability of the platform;
- Be a leader and take a hands-on approach to problem solving; We are looking for doers, not ivory tower architects;
- Work with internal partners from the network, hardware and storage teams to develop high performance solutions;
- Foster good documentation through Architecture Decision Records (ADRs), diagrams and other documents.
- Expert knowledge of the VMware Vsphere stack, VMware Python API as well as networking and storage aspects of a multi-cluster environment. Familiarity with vCloud or NSX is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Linux and container ecosystems as well as experience writing and maintaining automation using tools like Ansible;
- Working knowledge of virtual networking concepts (optional asset);
- Lead by example, maintain high standards and be a senior technical expert on the team;
- Be curious and do not be afraid to ask questions and propose new ways of doing things that may be radically different from what is done today;
- Effectively understand and analyze both technical and business risks and impact by using a data driven approach via metrics and other tooling. Effectively communicate those risks to stakeholders so that they can make informed decisions;
- Bilingualism (French-English; oral and written).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.