What you'll do
Ubisoft is seeking a full time Editor for our Video Services Department, which specializes in finishing and preparing trailers for distribution in the NCSA market.
Our ideal candidate has a strong grasp of container formats, codecs, and bitrates. The candidate must possess strong Adobe Premiere experience, and the ability to integrate and modify motion graphics with working knowledge of After Effects. The Editor must have excellent organizational, technical and troubleshooting skills. Experience working in a short turn around environment is a must. The Editor will also need to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and transition from one project to another seamlessly.
This position is based in Montreal but is part of the Video Services team in San Francisco. The ability to be able to work cross countries and communicate effectively is a must. You will work on assets directly requested by the Brand marketing team in San Francisco.
- Modification of existing content to contain ESRB icons, brand specific logos, and a variety of Endcards.
- Creation of re-edits and cutdowns of online trailers, TV spots, and other marketing assets.
- Provide deliverables to clients in a variety of specs – ensure that deliverables meet project requirements.
- Color correction
- Audio Sweetening
- Regularly find creative and technical solutions to postproduction problems.
- Attend daily scrums and share progress on assignments
- Work with Video Services Project Manage to maintain tickets status and project timeline on track
- Work with Senior Editor to execute and maintain Video Services high quality standards and workflows.
- Communicate directly with Partners and address feedback on assets in a timely manner.
What you bring
- 2-3 years of professional editing experience.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Mac OS, and video formats/codecs.
- Working knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience working closely with motion graphics artists.
- Must be organized and have excellent attention to detail. Our projects are organized based on job numbers, and you’ll need to be able and comfortable juggling multiple job numbers at a time.
- Familiarity with Jira or similar project workflow platforms.
- Must be able to work with team remotely and communicate clearly.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude while working closely with clients.
- Must be able to work independently and also well with others as part of a team.
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.