To lead the UX team in devising strategies and pipelines to ensure the user goals and game accessibility is achieved: develop navigation and structure, designs wireframes or interactive prototypes, organizes content, and tirelessly advocates for the needs and goals of the players.
What You Will Do
- Support, guidance and feedback for the team;
- Manage and help organize the day to day task of the team;
- Regular and meaningful 1-1’s with the team,
- Hiring manager for any future candidates within the team;
- Plan, prioritize and set inspiring objectives for the team members. Empower them with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Build and grow/maintain an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels ensuring that the team player culture is fostered;
- Work on career growth and succession planning for the team;
- Provide the team with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development.
- Lead the team in defining the user goals on the project and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the features achieve them;
- Assistant production in planning, prioritizing and organizing the teams work;
- Account for user feedback and the efficient use of user research services to optimize the game experience;
- Work closely with all teams to achieve better accessibility and inclusivity and find new approaches;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Be a champion for improving standards of all UX design practices;
- Be a reference for the Studio in relation to user experience principles and find solutions to complex issues which may arise;
- Support the Game Director, Creative Director and Producer to help positively influence the team around a vision for the project;
- Support Senior Lead/ Studio Design Manager to help implement their goals and leadership responsibilities;
- Combine innovation with strong knowledge of industry standards and enable your team to do the same;
- Help and guide the team to produce clear and effective design documentation.
What You Bring
Skills and Knowledge
- Key knowledge and understanding in UX design and its approaches;
- Excellent knowledge of current UX design methodologies;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the team and their features and the sharing of information from them;
- Able to create, manage and track work for a team of designers and have a strong knowledge of the relevant tools to do so;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with impact whilst promoting an open dialogue with your team;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills of your own and the teams time;
- Proactive, self-motivated and comfortable making difficult decisions;
- Be exemplary, attentive, supportive and constructive around taking on or giving feedback.
- Significant involvement in either multiple game titles or projects in the design discipline, preferably a full cycle on a AAA title or equivalent;
- Experience of either mentoring or managing people;
- Experience of at least 1 project at a senior level and preferably as a lead/manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
Business Development, Business Strategy, Collaboration, Leadership, Program Management, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Strategy, Succession Planning, User Experience, User Experience Design, User Experience Testing, Video Game Design, Video Game Development, Video Game Production, Video Games, Plan, Lead and coach