User Research Moderator
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a User Research Moderator at Ubisoft Toronto
In collaboration with an analyst, the moderator will effectively collect and compile data as part studies carried out by the User Research Lab. The moderator will also recruit study participants that fit predetermined profiles and provide administrative support.
Type of position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of a User Research Moderator at Ubisoft Toronto
- Recruit study participants that fit predetermined target profiles;
- Set up and rearrange the playtest room;
- Validate the technical aspect of the playtests (multiplayer connections, stability of the versions that are used, etc.);
- Observe study participants;
- Revise the questionnaire on the game experience and conduct interviews at the end of the day;
- Take part in the daily observation debriefing session with the analyst;
- Help compile and enter data;
- Manage paper archives (NDA, reward sheets, etc.);
- Update participant databases;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, User Research, Human-Computer Interaction or Market Research.
- Knowledge of installation and computer hardware;
- Experience in project coordination an asset;
- Basic knowledge and experience in user research;
- Knowledge of the video game industry (major players and products);
- Excellent communication skills ;
- Solid knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Technical understanding of video game platforms.
Nice to have
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to manage concurrent projects;
- Participant management skills;
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disability upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.