Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing a diverse catalogue of fun-packed casual genre from instant games to Creation HD PC & next Gen Console games - first to be built and shipped from Ubisoft Vietnam.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
As a Unity Developer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Create, debug, maintain and optimize the game’s engine, editor and related tools used for the game’s development.
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions)
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the content team of the project and with respect for the player’s comfort and game’s performance
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- You identify and report risks at a technical level to the producer and other technical leads.
- You write robust, optimized and maintainable code.
- Hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting)
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented programming language, preferably C#
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming
- Experience in delivering mobile games for Android / iOS;
- Experience in working on a mobile strategy game is considered a big plus
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D.
- Used to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Experience with scripting languages like LUA, Python etc.
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools, etc)
- A passion for mobile games
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits