UI Technical Artist
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
You will be working with a team of dedicated developers focused on Tom Clancy’s XDefiant. A new free-to-play FPS blending fast-paced 6-v-6 arena combat with faction-based abilities in a technicolor realm of chaos. Players will be able to select and form teams from a variety of characters from across the Tom Clancy universe – creating their dream team to take on opponents in a dynamic map environments for high-octane gameplay. XDefiant will be available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4, as well as on Stadia, Luna and Ubisoft Connect, with full crossplay expected at launch. Players can register now to get the latest news, updates and a chance to play in early tests.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The UI team is composed of technical artists and programmers on site and in several locations around the world.
As UI Technical Artist, you are responsible for creating UI visuals and behavior for specific features of the game using our internal tools.
- Design and produce UI visuals in line with the art direction and the gameplay intentions
- Script UI behaviors using Node Based Visual Scripting Language (internal tool)
- Ensuring UI is as optimal as possible by balancing artistic and gameplay intentions with project constraints
- Work closely with programmers, level designers and game designers to deliver features on time
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- You enjoy creating content and like to take initiatives
- You have an eye for quality, learn things quickly and are always seeking to improve
- You enjoy solving problems and are able to think about how things work technically equally as much as how things should look and feel
- You work well in a team and can communicate proficiently in giving and receiving feedback
- Worked with scripting languages or other Node Based Visual Scripting Languages
- Can debug issues with your content
- Comfortable realizing visual content based on concepts and design
- Having shipped a game is a bonus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.