UI Technical Artist
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
Job Title: UI Technical Artist
Note: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
The UI TECHNICAL ARTIST has the knowledge to solve technical problems and integrate game assets. He/She develops, documents, and supports the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
- Creating UI for in-game screens, features, and content. Utilizing our internal Nodal-Graph engine to develop & support user interface.
- Collaborating with all disciplines necessary to deliver features on time, in line with the art direction, and with the players best interest in mind
- Provide insightful feedback in design discussions with an emphasis on the realities of the engine, auxiliary development tools and system constraints and how they will impact development
- Ensuring our UI is optimal with continual iteration and development
- Integrate SFX as per design direction.
- Stay ahead of technical issues and help resolve them before they arise
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Understand and develop best practices, workflows, and pipelines within the UI team
- Contribute with ideas and comments to the development of the user interface editor
- Test and debug the UI content to make sure there is no conflict with the rest of the game
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Contribute to the development of the necessary skills within the UI team.
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
What you'll bring
- Relevant working experience in technical art/design.
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
- Experience with standard software such as Photoshop and Illustrator and basic knowledge of scripting
- Good understanding of UX in interactive applications and appetite for animation
- Experience on game publishers / middleware such as Flash / Scaleform / Unity3D or systems such as Unreal Engine 4 / Frostbite.
- Proactive, Responsible, Autonomous.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work.
- Attention to detail.
- Programming experience preferable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player, willing to learn and easy to communicate
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes