UI Programmer Intern [Rainbow Six Siege] (f/m/d)
Rainbow Six Siege is the acclaimed first-person shooter franchise. Inspired by the reality of counter terrorist operatives across the world, Rainbow Six Siege invites players to master the art of destruction. Intense close quarters confrontations, high lethality, tactics, team play, and explosive action are at the center of the experience.
Rainbow Six Siege is a fantastic game with a great community, the largest commercially successful game of Ubisoft with millions of concurrent players and a strong E-sport scene.
As our new UI Programmer Intern, you will support us in improving the experience for our players.
What You'll Do
As our new team member, you will be working with our implementation team in laying the foundation and architecture of the user interface of the game.
You will be working as part of our feature teams, including but not limited to quality-of-life improvements, monetization, and retention features of the shop and battle pass:
- Design and implement UI screens, client-side user interfaces logic (working together with Online Programmers), widgets and components for the interface.
- Collaborate with artists and designers in delivering world-class user interface systems.
- Work on a feature from conception, to research, to final implementation.
- Improving and extending existing game frameworks when needed.
- Work closely together with architects and technical leads within Rainbow Six around the world to work out the implementation strategy for the features.
What You Bring
- A Master or bachelor’s degree in (Applied) Computer Science.
- Knowledge of C++.
- An interest and passion for games.
- Excellent communication skills, and desire to work as a team-player.
- Self-direction and motivation.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Game related specialization in your degree.
- Game related projects during your degree or free time.
- Knowledge of game engines architectures, experience with Unreal and/or Unity.
What We Bring
We offer the opportunity to gain experience working on one of the largest AAA games from Ubisoft. Our employees are at the core of everything we do, so if you want to join an industry leader that invests heavily in its employees, please apply via our career portal.
- 6 Months paid Internship with possibility of a junior programmer position afterwards.
- 24 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Our Ubisoft Academy offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.