UI Programmer (C++)
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, UI Programmers!
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
On being a UI Programmer at Ubi Montreal
When you’re a UI Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the flow and delivery of key information for the player.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to flow through menus? Does the HUD feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive presentation team composed of UI designers and artists, you will bring to life the vision of the UI designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor, and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The daily life of a UI Programmer at Ubi Montreal:
- Code new and existing UI systems to meet the intent of the game’s design and flow;
- Keep them coherent with existing code;
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements;
- Collaborate with designers and artists on layouts;
- Resolve UI bugs;
- Document your work.
What it takes to make it:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- 5 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code;
- Experience in gameplay, UI, and design (menus, HUD);
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game;
- Experience developing on video-game consoles (Playstation, Xbox);
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Rachel. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.