When you’re a UI Programmer at Ubisoft Saguenay, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the flow and delivery of key information for the player.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to flow through menus? Does the HUD feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive presentation team composed of UI designers and artists, you will bring to life the vision of the UI designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
What you'll do
- Code new and existing UI systems to meet the intent of the game’s design and flow;
- Keep them coherent with existing code;
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements;
- Collaborate with designers and artists on layouts;
- Resolve UI bugs;
- Document your work.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- 3 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code;
- Experience in gameplay, UI, and design (menus, HUD);
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game is an asset;
- Experience developing on video-game consoles (Playstation, Xbox);
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.