About the Organization :
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune & Mumbai ! We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Designation : UI Artist - Console
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
- Conceptualize and design the game UI, including 2D and 3D HUD + GUI elements, boot-up sequences, loading screens and menus.
- Understand the Brand and present designs that are authentic and successful to the genre.
- Work with designers to determine the functionality and features of the UI and translate high-level gameplay ideas into visually functional UI designs.
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces.
- Work closely with the programming team to implement assets into the game and verify the quality of the graphics once implemented.
- Conceptualize, previz, and animate UI elements in-engine.
- Keep control of assets production, respecting technical constraints and optimization guidelines.
- Communicate ideas & concepts with international teams and stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience in the gaming industry, specializing in the creation of interfaces and in menu design.
- Knowledge of UI/UX industry standards and trends
- Experience working in game interfaces on at least 1 AAA game preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate visually, identifying and defining visual design issues and solutions.
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and other creative tools
- Excellent graphic design skills (design, layout, typography).
- Ability to design and implement UI to improve the ergonomic quality of the game.
- Familiar with industry game engines Unity and Unreal
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Able to work to deadlines under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an open team environment.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to bringing fresh ideas to the team and the game.
- Excellent work ethic with diligence in time keeping and focused attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (e.g. ActionScript, Python) is a plus.
Note: Applications without portfolio, will not be considered for this position.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.