Trainee Technical Animator M/F
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
The Trainee Technical Animator will be responsible for developing and maintaining the animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team, under the management of the Animation Technical Director.
- Create, maintain and debug animation graphs
- Create new animations (placeholders or finals)
- Integrate new animations into the current pipeline
- Work closely with gameplay programmers and animation teams
- Debug animation graphs to solve gameplay animation issues
You have graduated from a video game program (Bachelor), and have some basic experience in animation, ideally in the video game industry
You have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Graph based animation system / setting up graphs
- Motion Builder
- Gameplay animation
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic and technology: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors
- Debugging animation graphs and animation related problems
- Positive problem-solving attitude as well as being proactive
- Good communication skills
- Good level of English both oral and written
- Team player
- Gamer, FPS is a plus
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development