Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
The Tool Programmer autonomously develops and maintains tool assigned by the Lead Programmer. This includes, analyzing requirements, designing solutions, implementation of tool features and follow up their functionality inside game engine, also within automation pipelines and external tools and products. Ultimately working towards improving the efficiency of the production teams.
What you will do
- Act proactively to gather requirements raised by artists, game designers, operators or other team members.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, documentation and overall quality (including implementation, performance, stability and usability) of tools and modules within their area of expertise or as developed as part of the scrum work.
- Collect feedback and improvement suggestion from the users and ensure user needs are met within the priorities.
- Break a large task down into a more manageable group of smaller tasks, plan and schedule the smaller tasks.
- Capable to inform management ahead of time when tasks are falling behind schedule and propose solutions.
- Communicate the progress of your work, identify project risks and the contingency plans to your peers, customers, and leads.
- Correct defects discovered by QC or your customers in a timely fashion.
- Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance.
- Mentor junior programmers on how to improve their performance.
What you should be equipped with
- Experience in WPF, MVVM and custom control develop, have related experience on multiple projects.
- Proficient in C#, .NET programming experience. C++ as Plus.
- Experience in at least one major source control (ie. Perforce, Git, SVN)
- Knowledge of database development, MS-SQL, MySQL and Database scripting experience.
- Familiar with web programming technologies, such as bootstrap, angular.js, node.js, Asp.net, Flask, Django, is an asset.
- Understand software engineering practices.
- Autonomous, proactive, problem-solving, analytical mindset and multitasking ability
- Able to program and debug complex applications using object-oriented or procedural programming.
- Knowledge of bug tracking, sprint planning, and wiki software.
- Passion for creating and playing games, no matter what platform or genre.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Experience on Game Engine development is a plus