(Closed) Technical Writer - Anvil Pipeline
As a Technical Writer at Ubi MTL, you create and maintain understandable, usable documentation about our in-house game production pipeline, Anvil.
Not only do you have a thorough grasp of the subject matter you’re communicating but you also have a deep understanding of your audience: programmers and other highly technical, advanced users. You anticipate and provide the information they need, plus define how to go about best diffusing it across the company.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with production teams to discuss the technologies and workflows to be documented.
- Write, format, and edit various forms of documentation (standard operating procedures, APIs, etc.) + add supporting graphics.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing throughout our studios & help colleagues put together accurate well-written communications.
- Partner with content specialists to define documentation standards and best practices.
- Participate in assessing and proposing software and methods to continuously improve our documentation processes.
What you bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of writing experience or other relevant experience (documenting engine architecture, products, SDKs, APIs, or processes a huge plus) *
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into clear, comprehensive, developer-focused documentation
- A collaborative, innovative, and solution-oriented spirit
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and a whole lot of flexibility
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
*Knowledge of programming languages (especially C# and C++) or a willingness to learn, an asset
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach writing samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.