Technical Writer – Ubisoft Engineering and Platform
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
The Ubisoft IT Engineering and Platform team is currently looking for a Technical Writer who will manage large amount of content and distribute internally complex information about our technology and processes.
You will combine your love for tech, ability to write, and strong customer focus to deliver high-quality, well-organized documentation and code examples developers rely on to build solutions using our services.
In this position you will have a strong focus on structuring and organizing documentation for our developers at Ubisoft, while also writing and editing the documentation with the developers help. You will frequently interact with multiple teams and disciplines, guide them when they write documentation, and tailor documentation to support their needs.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills, for multiple services. Ideally, you have both a technical background, and the ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation.
- Defining documentation standards;
- Managing the documentation process, including the creation, edition, versioning, proofreading and publishing of documentation;
- Organizing and rationalizing documentation for multiple products;
- Writing and improving technical documentation for the developers, this includes identifying specific needs for developer guides along with writing them with developer support, and analyzing developers’ requirements and craft documentation structure to suit their daily tasks;
- Implementing workflows to ensure the documentation is kept up to date and relevant;
- Editing, clarifying, and proofreading of technical documents written by your colleagues, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills as needed;
- Completing writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology;
- Combining text with supporting visual elements in order to present complex information in a manner that can be easily understood by the target audience.
Relevant experience and skills
- Experience working on or closely with software development teams;
- Experience designing and delivering developer documentation;
- Experience with XML-based publishing systems or Markdown-based documentation systems;
- Knowledge within a diverse set of public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies;
- Experience working with Git or similar distributed version control system;
- Ability to read and write a basic example code in at least one of the more popular programming languages on the market, such as Python, Go, etc.;
- Excellent organization and priority management skills;
- Ability to make complex information accessible;
- English & French spoken and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.