(Closed) Technical Software Tester
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
We are looking for a Technical Software Tester that will work with various technologies like C#, SQL, XML & JSON Files, API’s needed in order to be able to perform daily tasks.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Software Tester will, look over an entire project’s lifecycle, provide first-line support and advanced tests, as well as be the central point of contact for the assigned product(s) within Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware, and online solutions used in Ubisoft games and services. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise. The Software Testing Team is comprised of tech-savvy individuals with a great passion for testing and quality. We work in a fast-paced environment, on a wide range of specialized tools used for game development.
Your main mission:
- Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
- Validate defect corrections;
- Support programmers in issue resolution;
- Create, maintain, and run test plans;
- Create and maintain test documentation;
- Create and send reports to stakeholders;
- Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
- Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
- Assist with first-line support for the product;
- Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
- Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
- Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service.
What You’ll Bring as Experience :
- Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies;
- Significant experience in Quality Assurance (troubleshooting, testing)
- Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar)
- Experience with troubleshooting configuration files (.xml, .ini), windows services, crash reporting;
- Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar);
- Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar)
- Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar);
- Basic Knowledge of popular database solutions (SQL, MongoDB);
- Advanced knowledge of computers (Advanced OS features, VM, Cloud, or similar)
- Ability to understand and edit a JSON/XML file
- Ability to read and understand a log files;
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools;
- Experience with debugging applications;
- Excellent English skills.
What You’ll Bring as Colleague:
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethics;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision making;
- Proactive work manner;
Nice to have:
- Ability to read and understand callstacks;
- Familiarity with Server/Client architecture;
- Strong math skills (variables, operators, etc.);
- Experience with complex applications with multiple components;
- Advanced knowledge of how Windows services work;
- Basic knowledge of Linux OS and Linux commands;
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.