As a Technical Lead at Ubi Sherbrooke, you’re an established leader, an expert in your field, who relies on past learnings to guide decisions in the present and proactively plan for the future.
You steer a team of programmers towards a technical vision, plus produce high-quality code and navigate constraints to turn it into reality.
With a responsibility to help your team of programmers develop their skills, you coach and mentor them, empowering them to innovate and perform at their best.
Thanks to your expertise, credibility, and reliability, not only can developers on your project turn to you for information and direction, but so can others. You’re a go-to person for guidance and a trusted advisor for Ubisoft employees worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Define the technical vision within your area of specialization (e.g. gameplay, animation, UI, physics, AI, 3D, engine, etc.) + plan its technical roadmap.
- Regularly meet with your programming team to discuss progress; tackle setbacks; share updates; present features; give feedback; informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues; etc.
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
- Write elegant code customized to the hardware you’re working with.
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing code and making technical validations.
- Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions.
- Sync up with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep production moving forward.
- Communicate with interdependent teams on other projects to exchange information.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define our best practices + share them with our studios.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 7 years of programming experience + 2 years of technical leadership
- A deep understanding of a variety of game engines, systems, programming languages, interdependencies, and critical issues
- The ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impacts
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again
- Excellent mentorship, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is set to open its doors in 2022.
In the heart of Sherbrooke, this new studio will be composed of multidisciplinary teams dedicated to developing iconic franchises that engage millions worldwide.
We're looking for passionate creators who want to make exceptional games and deliver memorable experiences to our players. Joining Ubi Sherbrooke means playing a major role in the video game industry. It represents contributing to advancing Ubisoft's tech and shaping the economic and social landscape of the Eastern Townships. These are local efforts with positive, far-reaching impacts!
The world of work is changing. And so are we. Our universal vacation time, hybrid and flexible work, competitive benefits, and host of learning opportunities will allow you to reach your full potential. Here, work-life balance is at the core of our day-to-day.
At the Sherbrooke studio, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with an array of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Our desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve will contribute to the innovation and boundary-pushing that will result in our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.