Technical Artist - Tools
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Ubisoft San Francisco is seeking a tools / pipeline technical artist to join our development team on Tom Clancy's XDefiant. Along with your passion for games, you will work with the Technical Art and Animation teams to improve workflows and build systems that streamline art assets throughout the development process.
- Design, develop and implement tools to manage art assets into the game engine, automate production software tracking and data, and ensure that assets are optimized
- You will support artists and resolve technical issues as they arise during production, and guide on best practices to ensure consistency in process and data-flow between departments and teams
- Be part of a dedicated team of tech artists to build and enhance a core pipeline for Art and our Animation teams
- Support Art and Animation throughout production process and remove technical roadblocks as arise
- Automate and optimize inefficient workflows and processes
- Develop tools and systems across departments and serve as the liaison between art and engineering
- Collaborate with engineers on technical design and workflow solutions
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid to Senior level of experience as a tools and pipeline technical artist in the games industry or similar
- Experience with 3d game engines
- Advanced knowledge of Python scripting
- Expertise in applications like Maya, Houdini, Designer
- UX / UI experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate between technical and artistic language
- Experience working in R&D environments
- Experience with C++
- Experience with production management software such as JIRA, Shotgun, etc.
- Experience with Motion Capture pipelines and workflows
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters