Technical Artist (M/F) - Beyond Good & Evil 2
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Created in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the newest of the French Ubisoft studios, working on iconic brands such as Just Dance, Ghost Recon, Beyond Good & Evil and the Raving Rabbids.
About 15 Ubisoft experts from all over the globe, created the core of the studio. With their experience, energy and passion, we are able to grow into a world class development team.
Announced as AAA studio, Ubisoft Bordeaux is growing rapidly and already counts more than 230 employees, from more than 16 different nationalities.
You are joining a team of Technical Artists under the supervision of the Technical Artistic Director. You will be in direct contact with the artistic teams and programmers.
As a Technical Artist, you are responsible for identifying and developing the processes and occasionally the tools that will optimize the current production workflow:
- Design and develop (with MaxScript, Python, etc.) effective tools with simple user interfaces for production teams
- Optimize memory and game performance by realizing artistic and gameplay intentions within project constraints
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes and benchmarks that maximize production flow
- Provide daily support to the Art and Technical team
- Help team members to perform their jobs as efficiently as possible
- Help clearing up the specific problems of production bottlenecks
- Technical tracking of Assets in the engine
- Documentation of the Technical and Art pipelines
You hold an advanced degree and have substantial experience as a Technical Artist on games productions:
- You have proven technical skills in performance, optimization and method.
- You are proficient in 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini and Substance Designer (ideally).
- You have solid scripting skills (Python, etc.).
- You have significant experience on a gaming engine and an overall understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
- You have already had the opportunity to grow in different areas, such as environment modeling, animation, visual effects, shaders and lighting.
- You are independent, have solid deductive skills and can work efficiently on a team and communicate your ideas.
- Your English proficiency allows you to work in an international context and exchange ideas with peers who do not speak your language.
- You have a strong background in video games.
We are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.