Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborative skills with various disciplines (artists, engineers, and game designers)
- Experience with Maya, and a plus to have worked with 3Ds Max / Houdini
- Opportunity to work with several different disciplines including lighting, rigging, and animation) and generalist enough to support various matters as they may arise
- Previous experiences on game projects (at least 2 or 3 larger console titles)
- Work with modelers and programmers to create 3D art and bring it to life into the engine
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a digital art content creation pipeline in the video game industry
- Two to three years of experience as a Modeler, SFX Artist in the games' industry
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
- Experience in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition)
- Ability to work with technical documentation
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical difficulties